Skip to main content

Re: False Claim On Alleged Query Letter issued By Oke Ero Local Government Area

 *Re: False Claim On Alleged Query Letter issued By Oke Ero Local Government Area* 



The attention of the Council has been drawn to a misleading query issued on behalf of the Executive Chairman, Oke Ero Local Government Area by one Mr Abioye Sunday.


Contrary to the claim by the staff involved , Rufus Favour Mojisola who said she had been humiliated, slapped, and forced to kneel down for hours by superiors in the office of the Chairman,Oke Ero Local Government. 


Let it be clearly stated that nobody forced the staff to kneel down, nor did anyone slap her. Also, no query letter was issued by the Council to her.


The public is advised to ignore and disregard the said query and the unfounded claims by the nursing sister in question.



Unfortunately, the said query had neither a reference number nor was it dated. and it did not bear the official stamp of the Council. Even the vocabulary on the query could only be linked to an uneducated individual who hardly passed through a primary school. How on earth would a local government issue such a query by this century?


The query never originated from Oke Ero Local Government Council, so the general public is urged to disregard the assertion.


 Meanwhile, the Council has set up a committee of enquiry since last week Thursday the committee is currently handling the matter to ascertain what really transpired between the duo of the nursing sister in question and the officer in charge of the health facility Mrs Ayinde Risikat a community health extention worker where she serves. In the same vein, the investigation on the alleged query issued is ongoing. 


Owing to the preliminary reports, the OIC health facility where the staff serves indicates that the nurse had been absent from work without a valid reason which she attested to and claimed to have been on a course which she runs without the knowledge of her employer. 

 The reports further had it that she had actually been out of her workplace for over two months now. she went for a course without official permission .



She had just been employed a few months back, and her appointment is yet to be confirmed. 


The committee that was set up by the council has begun the investigation since last Thursday , 11th September ,2025 where the claims of Moji has been heard and the OIC Ayinde Risikat has been summoned to the council by next Monday, 15th September ,2025 to listen to her own version of the allegations as raised by Nurse Moji , since there are always two sides to an issue.



However, we urge the public to dismiss the alleged query which has no bearing to the Oke Ero Local Government Area. The council hereby disassociates herself from the purported query, which bears no affinity with the modus operandi of the current Council leadership .


It's unfortunate that some individuals have resorted to spreading the fake news and also raining insults on the council because of their bias against the new local government Council. 


 


The leadership of Hon. James Abiodun Fadipe will not depart from its fundamental guidelines that include building trust, fostering a peaceful society, empowering people, maintaining accountability, and developing a vision. 


However, we urge the public to always verify facts before embracing any reports by those we regard as mischief makers parading themselves as patriotic Oke Ero local government citizens 


The council has launched an investigation on the said letter, and we shall get to the root of the matter soon, and anybody found culpable shall be brought to book. 

No one or a group of individuals can decide to defame the character of the entire local government.


The law will take its own

 course as soon as the investigation is concluded.


Thank you.


Signed:

Secretary, 

Oke Ero Local *Government Area. Hon. Femi Arekujaye**

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NANS Declares July 28 'Black Tuesday' Over Killings of Nigerian Students

  NANS Declares July 28 'Black Tuesday' Over Killings of Nigerian Students Student Body Condemns Rising Insecurity, Demands Urgent Action to Protect Lives By Poet of Afrique Reporter The National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) has declared Tuesday, July 28, 2026 , as "Black Tuesday" in response to what it described as the persistent and inhumane killings of Nigerian students across different parts of the country. In a statement issued by the National Secretariat, the association said the declaration was prompted by the growing wave of violence that has claimed the lives of students in several states, including Adamawa, Ondo, Gombe, Bauchi, Osun, Nasarawa, Bayelsa, Plateau, and Ogun. NANS expressed deep concern over the recurring incidents of killings, kidnapping, armed robbery, and banditry, stressing that the safety and security of students must become a national priority. Describing the situation as unacceptable, the association reiterated its belief...

APC Reportedly Submits Candidates' List to INEC, Moves to End Primary Election Disputes

 APC Moves to End Primary Election Disputes, Reportedly Submits Candidates' List to INEC Reported by Egbeghiade Lawal The All Progressives Congress (APC) has reportedly submitted its list of candidates for upcoming elections to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), a move that may effectively draw the curtain on efforts by aggrieved aspirants seeking to overturn the outcomes of the party's primary elections. According to a report by the Nigerian Tribune, the APC National Working Committee (NWC) transmitted the list after considering reports from various appeal panels set up to address petitions and complaints arising from the party's governorship, National Assembly, and state assembly primaries. The development comes amid sustained protests and lobbying by aspirants dissatisfied with the conduct and outcomes of the primaries in several states across the federation. Sources within the ruling party disclosed that the decision was intended to prevent further pr...

KNPC COMMENDS APC LEADERSHIP ON GOVERNORSHIP ZONING AND APPEAL FOR EQUITABLE ZONING OF SENATE AND HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES SEAT.

 KWARA NORTH PROGRESSIVE COUNCIL ADVOCATES EQUITABLE ZONING FOR OTHER ELECTIVE OFFICES, COMMENDS APC LEADERSHIP FOR GOVERNORSHIP ZONING. By Poet of Afrique Reporter  Political stakeholders, community leaders, youth representatives, women groups, and party faithful from across Kwara North converged at Abule Hall, Shao, on Saturday for a press conference organized by the Kwara North Progressive Council (KNPC) to advocate equitable zoning and balanced political representation across the senatorial district. The event, themed "A New Era of Equity: Kwara North Appreciates APC Leadership and Respects Its Long-Standing Zoning Arrangement," attracted prominent stakeholders who emphasized the importance of justice, fairness, and inclusiveness in the allocation of elective offices within Kwara North and Kwara State. Addressing journalists and invited guests, the Spokesperson of KNPC, Com. Jegede AbdulAzeez Adebayo commended President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR, for his commitment to democ...